- ABC Adoption Agency, 417 San Pedro Ave. San Antonio, TX 78212. (512) 227-7820.
Adoptions. Description: adoption related news, books and web
A CHILD To Love. Offering the
opportunity for connection between Couples/Families and Birthparents
seeking to place their child for adoption to connect, while
providing information and resources about adoption and pregnancy all
in one site.
Assistance and Support. Dallas, TX., licensed
social workers (lesbian couple) provide adoption home studies and
post-placement supervision in Dallas/ Ft. Worth area for families
adopting domestically and internationally. We've done hundreds of
home studies, for gay and straight families, and always love to work
with gay families! Have some resources which could be helpful.
P. McKay and Diane Keller: email@example.com
- Adoption Resource Associates, Cambridge MA,
617-492-8888. We are a gay and lesbian friendly, licensed
Non-profit New York State authorized adoption agency offering child
placements, home studies, counseling.
- ASK America (Adopt A Special Kid) (Adoption agency), 2201 Broadway-702, Oakland CA
Adoption Assistance Information Support
Resources listed by State.
Family Center. Your online community for Alternative Families;
Chats, boards, articles, resources, web hosting. Support for those
families that have adopted or are planning to adopt. GLBT
Adoption Made Easy
Adoption consulting firm.
Adoptive Families of America Not a gay oriented
site but does have a lot of useful information on adoption.
- Americans for African Adoptions (Adoption agency), 8910 Timberwood Drive, Indianapolis,
IN 46234. 317-271-4567.
- Center Kids: The Family Project, The Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center
(referrals), 208 W. 13th Street, New York, NY 10011. 212-620-7310.
- Children's Home Society of Washington, Gay Adoptive Parent Support Group, 3300 N.E. 65th
Street Seattle, WA 98115-0190. (206) 524-6020.
- Family Focus Adoption Services, 54-40 Little Neck Parkway-4, Little Neck, NY 11362.
Chicago, IL. A licensed child welfare agency, specializing in
international adoptions and services. Committed to helping couples and
singles create their families.
Friends in Adoption Agency in Middletown
Springs, VT. Friends in Adoption is a non-profit, licensed agency whose goal is to help
people make informed decisions concerning adoption. FIA works with both those interested
in adopting and with women/couples considering placing their children with adoptive
families. Adoption agency for hard to place children.
- Gay and Lesbian Parents Coalition International (GLPCI), Adoption Information
(Referrals), Wayne Steinman, 171 Father Capodanno Blvd., Straten Island, NY 10306.
- Growing Generations (Adoption Agency), 310 San Vicente Blvd.-410, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Hug and Kisses
Adoption Consultant. Longview, Texas. Hug and Kisses Adoption
Consultants are here to help you with everything you need to get
started in the adoption process!
World Too. Gay and lesbian parenting...baby & children's books,
kids clothing, articles, discussions, adoption, insemination,
Pact Adoption Agency in San Francisco, CA.
Dedicated themselves to the mission of providing the highest quality adoption-related
services to children of color, their birth parents and their adoptive parents.
Single Parents for Adoption of Children Everywhere.
- Three Rivers Adoption Council (Adoption agency), 307 4th Avenue-710, Pittsburgh, PA
Two Kinds of Love Adoption.
If you are considering adoption we can help! Loving families hope to
adopt and all calls taken by a birth mom.
Rockey. Experienced NC Attorney & Mediator for custody,
visitation, adoption, pre-marital/relationship or separation
agreements, & wills. Accepts credit cards. ARockey@aol.com
Alternative Family Magazine
- CALM, Inc. (Custody Action for Lesbian Mothers), P.O. Box 281, Narbeth, PA 19072, (215)
667-7508. Litigation support service for lesbian mothers.
- Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE), 2300 Market St., Box 165, San
Francisco, CA 94114, (415) 861-5437, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Pride Coalition Resources
- Family Q Lots of resources on adoption and
- Gay and Lesbian League of Parents (GALLOP), P.O. Box 64736, Burlington, VT 05406.
National network providing variety of resources relevant to lesbian and gay parents.
- Gay Fathers Coalition of
Richmond, P. O. Box 6503, Richmond, VA 23230. 804-440-1068. A
coalition of local support groups for gay fathers.
- Gay Family Values Gay parenting stories and information.
Jennifer Cram - Naming
Ceremonies as Beautiful as your Baby. Brisbane Queensland
Australia. Imagine - a beautiful, inclusive naming ceremony that
positively celebrates your child, and your child's two
mothers/fathers. Together we will make it happen.
Lesbian Moms Web Page To help those
women out there who want to have babies through non-traditional means, specifically
- Lesbian Mothers Support Society
Information on adoption, pregnancy, alternative fertilization, parenting, and legal
- Love Makes a Family: Living in Lesbian and Gay Families, a photograph text exhibit,
Peggy Gillespie and Gigi Kaeser, Family Diversity Projects, P.O. Box 1209, Amherst, MA
01004-1209, (413) 256-0502, email@example.com
- Moonbabies Birth Services.
Denver, CO, USA. Gina Penka, CD(DONA.) I'm a labor doula in Denver who
believes that all women deserve to have an experienced and
compassionate assistant to help her and her partner to have the best
birth possible and to make informed decisions under all circumstances.
- Gay and lesbian parenting resources... baby
and children's books, parenting and legal guides, unique kids pride
clothing, and more! You can contact Amy Johnson at
- Real Families - A parenting group in Omaha,
Nebraska, consisting of families headed by gay or lesbian parents. We
don't have a web site at this time. For more information contact
Shared Parenting Divorce inflicts damage to
family; Man against woman; child is the prize to be won. Fathers today do not accept being
separated from their children. Shared Parenting Forum is dedicated to the change in family
Parenting Support: Regional
B*E*S*T Doula Service. Los
Angeles, CA. Birth doulas and HypnoBirthing practitioners
supporting and empowering women and families throughout the
greater Los Angeles area through pregnancy, labor and birth since
- Gay and Lesbian Parents of Los Angeles, Suite 109-346, 7985 Santa Monica, West
Hollywood, CA 90046, (213) 654-0307
- Gay Fathers of Long Beach, c/o The Center, 2017 E. Fourth St., Long Beach, CA 90814
- Gay Fathers of
Sacramento, P.O. Box 161951, Sacramento, CA 95816-1951,
(916) 484-5636, meets second Sunday of each month at the
Sacramento Lambda Center on L and 21st Streets.
Our Family Coalition, 415-981-1960. The Bay
Area LGBT Family Group. Promoting the civil rights and well being of
families with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender members through
education, advocacy, social networking and grassroots community
- Lesbian and Gay Parents Association, 6705 California St., #1, San Francisco, CA 94121,
- Lesbian Mothers Group of Long Beach, 2017 E. Fourth St., Long Beach, CA 90814, (310)
- Lesbian Mothers & Our Children c/o GLCSC, 1625 N. Schrader Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
90028, (213) 993-7608
- Gay and Lesbian Parents - Denver, P.O. Box Drawer E, Denver, CO 80218, (303) 937-3625
- Family Rainbows,1606 Parkwood St., Jacksonville, FL 32207, (904) 396-6460 Rusty or (904)
- LesBiGay Parents of OutKids, 830 NE 71st St., Miami, FL 33138, (305) 758-0392
- Your Family, Friends & Neighbors, Inc., P.O. Box 768, Boise, ID 83701-0768
- Family Circle, 4156 W. School St., 2nd flr., Chicago, IL 60641
- Parents With Pride, 1511 Trainer Rd., Rockford, IL 61108, (815) 226-4661
- Rainbow Families, P.O. Box 2411, Naperville, IL 60566-2411, (630) 585-3920, rainbowFam@aol.com
- Mothers & Kids Group, P.O. Box 2235, S. Portland, ME 04116
Pride, P.O. 11008, Baltimore, Maryland 21212.,
- Gay and Lesbian Parenting Coalition of Metropolitan Washington, 14908 Piney Grove Court,
North Potomac, MD 20878, (301) 762-4828
- COLAGE: Greater Boston Chapter, P.O. Box 441942, Somerville, MA 02144, (617) 267-0900
- Gay Fathers of Greater Boston, P.O. Box
1373, Boston, MA 02205, (617) 742-7897
- Greater Boston PFLAG, P.O. Box 440004, West Somerville, MA 02144-0001, (617) 547-2440
- Lesbians Choosing Children Network, P.O. Box 393, Arlington, MA 02174, (508) 458-0740
- Lesbian/Gay Family and Parenting Services, Fenway Community Health Center, 7 Haviland
St., Boston, MA 02115, (617) 927-6243
- Valuable Families, P.O. Box 60634, Florence, MA 01062, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Kids c/o Pandora's Books & Music, 226 W. Lovell, Kalamazoo, MI 49007,
- Rainbow Families, 310 E. 38th St., Ste. 204, Minneapolis, MN 55409, (612) 370-6651
- Real Families, for families with gay moms
and dads, meets once a month at a local church. We currently have
about 30 families in our group but no website. 402-561-6738. Real
Families, c/o Margaux Towne-Colley,
- Central Jersey Families, Donna (908) 752-9265
- Brooklyn Kids, Laurie Ellis (718) 633-2329
- Center Kids, the family project of the Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center, 1
Little W. 12th St., New York, NY 10014, (212) 620-7310. Education, advocacy, referral,
recreation and social support for lesbian and gay families and family issues.
- Adoption Support Group-call Terry Boggis (212) 620-7310
- Alternative Insemination Support Group-3rd Sunday, 4-5:30 pm, call Jennifer or Kim (908)
- Donor Dads Support/Discussion Group-2nd Wednesdays
- Older Kids Rap Group-scheduled Sundays, 12-2 pm, call Olivia Hicks (718) 875-8958 or
Mick Katch (212) 877-5357
- Parents Support Group-2nd Sundays, 3-5 pm, Terry Boggis (212) 620-7310
- Planning Biological Parenthood-1st Sunday, 12-2 pm, Ron (718) 997-8326
- Stepfamilies Support Group-1st Sunday, 3-4:30 pm, Terry Boggis (212) 620-7310
- Congregation Beth Simchat Torah Children's Committee, Amy Chasnoff/Ron Kohn (212)
- Downtown Kids, Roberta Steinberg (212) 727-8908
- Gay Fathers Coalition of Buffalo, Westside Station, P.O. Box 404, Buffalo, New York
14213, (716) 633-2692
- Gay Fathers Forum of Greater New York, c/o The Center, One Little W. 12th St., New York,
NY 10014, (212) 620-7310
- Gay Fathers of Long Island, P.O. Box 2483, Patchogue, New York 11772-0879
- Gay Married Men's Support Group, P.O. Box 10041, Rochester, NY 14610
- Long Island Family Connection, Linda Zammiello, (516) 666-4018
- Mid-Hudson Kids, (Putnam, Duchess & Orange Counties), Lauren (914) 562-8308
- Queens Kids, Charlotte (718) 886-5210
- Second Generation, 57 2nd Ave., #51, New York, NY 10003, (212) 673-2926, lesbian and gay
children of lesbians and gay men
- Upper West Side Gay and Lesbian Parents Group, Douglas Stonecipher (212) 678-5447
- Upper East Side Kids, Nancy Beckerman (212) 879-2024
- Washington Heights Kids, Doug Robinson (718) 248-8073
- Westchester Loft Kids, Joanne Pasquerello (914) 245-4381, Douglas Dill (914) 245-8465
- CALM, Inc. (Custody Action for Lesbian Mothers), P.O. Box 281, Narbeth, PA 19072, (215)
- Philadelphia Family Pride, P.O. Box 4995, Philadelphia, PA 19119, (215) 843-1596, a
social, advocacy, and support group for LGBT families and our children.
- Gay Fathers of Rhode Island
Support Group: Meets twice monthly to offer support, provide information, and decrease
the sense of isolation these men so often feel. TJFronczak@aol.com,
- Straight Spouse Support Group - This group meets two times per month in Providence, RI.
The group is facilitated by Cynthia Doyle, MA. The purpose is to validate multiple complex
feelings, offer support, and provide information to the wives of gay/bisexual men as well
as to the husbands of lesbian women. For more information on the group contact Cindy Doyle
at (401) 351-8232.
- We Are Family, P.O. Box 30734, North Charleston, SC 29417
- Gay Fathers/Fathers First of Houston, P.O. Box 981053, Houston, TX 77098-1053, (713)
- Lesbian Mom's Support Group hosted by CORNERSTONE Gay and Lesbian Center meets the 4th
Thursday every month from 7-8:30 p.m. The location is 1117 Red River, Austin, TX 78701.
Telephone is (512) 708-1515. Babysitting is not provided and the group is facilitated by a
mom who has experience in the areas of child development, parenting issues, consulting,
behavior management, education and special education. Pre-registration is not required.
GayFathers Coalition, Richmond VA
meets 1st Thursday each month 7:00pm at Fan Free Clinic, 1010 N Thompson Street
Richmond VA 804-330-4090 for more information. GFCRichmond@Hotmail.com
- Gay Fathers Connection, P.O. Box 5506, Essex Jct., VT 05453-5506, (802) 579-7883
- Vermont Lesbian & Gay Parents, 95 Van Patten Pkwy., Burlington, VT 05401-1124, (802)
- Kaleidoscope of Families, 430 Broadway E., Seattle, WA 98102, Michael Butler (206)
461-4546, Tues. night, 6:30-8:30, free child care for ages 3-12
- Solo Parenting Alliance, 139 23rd Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98144, (206) 720-1655
- South Puget Sound Lesbian & Gay Parents Support Group c/o TLC, P.O. Box 947, Tacoma,
WA 98401, (206) 472-0422
- Gay Fathers Coalition of Washington, D.C. P.O. Box 19891, Washington, D.C. 20036, (202)
- Gay Fathers of Toronto, P.O. Box 187, Station F, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4Y 2L5
- Gay Fathers of Winnipeg, Box 2221, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3C 3R5